City Office REIT, Inc. (“CIO”) is an internally managed real estate company focused on acquiring, owning and operating high-quality office properties located primarily in metropolitan areas in the Southern and Western United States. Our senior management team has extensive industry relationships and a proven track record in executing this strategy, which we believe provides a competitive advantage to our shareholders. We currently own 46 office buildings with a total of approximately 5.0 million square feet of net rentable area (“NRA”) in the metropolitan areas of Boise, Dallas, Denver, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego and Tampa.
We believe that our markets possess a number of the following characteristics:
- Favorable economic growth trends;
- Growing populations with above-average employment growth forecasts;
- Large international, national and regional employers across diversified industries;
- Low-cost centers for business operations;
- Proximity to large universities and government offices; and
- Increasing office occupancy and rental rate trends.
In addition, our markets offer the opportunity for attractive risk-adjusted returns through positive economic and demographic trends, with ownership concentrated among local real estate operators rather than large institutional investors that typically focus on major metropolitan areas, or gateway markets.